Saturday, July 7, 2007

Wow, What a Contrast...

Last weekend was the most wonderful and relaxing one I can remember. My boss gave me the weekend off to prepare myself to start my new position on Monday. I went to the spa and got a massage, and I spent the whole weekend cleaning and organizing the house. Having things neat and orderly really helps to give me peace of mind. So this week started out great!
What a Contrast from last weekend! Things were super-busy at work on Thursday and Friday, and it took me awhile to settle down. All day today, I have been feeling very overwhelmed with things to do around the house and with my volunteering. Couple that with the kids acting up (all day....) and well, I was having (to quote my sister-in-law) "not a stellar parenting moment". Except my moment was most of the day. I'm glad kids are resilient. I'm also glad that having one bad day doesn't define me as a bad parent!
I hope the rest of my weekend goes better.

No comments: